Environmental Health & Safety
Environmental Health & Safety is an embedded value at Strides and we are committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace for all our employees, visitors, contractors and the surrounding community as an integral part of our business activities.
A safe and healthy environment is actively promoted through management systems designed to create and sustain a 'safety culture' so that safety becomes an integral part of all activities at Strides.
The various activities that drive a safety culture include:
Some of our achievements in this area include:
- Continuous training and education for all employees so as to improve awareness and ensure implementation of environment, health and safety policies and objectives
- Employee involvement through the concept of Safety Committees
- Highlighting and celebrating Special Days that reinforce a commitment to Environmental Health & Safety like Earth Day, Safety Week, World Health Day and so on
- Tool Box talks for contractors and others engaged in high risk jobs
- Environmental Health & Safety is mandated in all Standard Operating Procedures
- Manufacturing units are equipped with highly sophisticated effluent treatment plants and treated water is used to maintain the gardens and lawns
- Airborne dust and vapour are controlled by providing adequate engineering control measures in the form of local dust/vapour extraction points
- Suitable respiratory protection (mask or air stream helmet) is provided to workers to cover the residual risks of exposure
- Regular workplace monitoring to assess the levels of air borne dusts and vapours through international industrial hygienists
- Aggressive energy monitoring programme to reduce the carbon foot print and impact on greenhouse gases.
- Around 90-100 kilolitres of effluent water is recycled at the Bangalore facility every day, part of which is used to maintain the gardens at Strides' corporate office
- All our manufacturing facilities have zero discharge status
- ISO 14001 certification for our oral dosage form facility for maintaining high standards of environment health safety compliance
- Implementation of isolator technology for high containment areas
- Waste heat recovery systems to minimise impact on the environment
- Well-equipped gymnasium at the corporate office to promote health awareness
Strides is committed to developing new and effective healthcare solutions. The values on which the Group was founded have always inspired growth and will continue to do so in times to come.